Five Spice Glazed Salmon
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp. five-spice powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Four 6-oz. skin-on salmon fillets (preferably wild), pin bones and scales removed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb. slender green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, soy sauce, five-spice powder, and garlic. Put the salmon skin side down on a large plate and pour the honey mixture over it. Flip the fillets so they are skin side up. Let the fish marinate for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler and heat the broiler on high. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the canola and sesame oils. Arrange the beans on one half of the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the salmon skin side down on the other half of the baking sheet. Brush the salmon with any remaining marinade from the plate.
- Broil the salmon and green beans for 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, toss the green beans with tongs, and reposition the salmon pieces as needed so that they cook evenly. Continue to broil until the salmon is just cooked through and the beans are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Toss the green beans with the sesame seeds and lemon juice and serve.
- serving suggestions
- Serve with a simple Basmati Rice or Five-Treasure Fried Rice.
- nutrition information (per serving):
- Calories (kcal): 400; Fat (g): 18; Fat Calories (kcal): 160; Saturated Fat (g): 2.5; Protein (g): 41; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 7; Carbohydrates (g): 18; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 7; Sodium (mg): 320; Cholesterol (mg): 105; Fiber (g): 3;
- photo: Scott Phillips
- From Fine Cooking 107 , pp. 22
- August 10, 2010
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Five Spice Glazed Salmon Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes