FAGE Yogurt Macaroni & Cheese
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) elbow macaroni
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
- 1 cup FAGE Total Classic Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preparation Directions
- 1.Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- 2.Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and salt and continue cooking until vegetables soften. Remove from heat and reserve.
- 3.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart casserole.
- 4.Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour, stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in warm milk and 1/2 cup of FAGE Total Classic, whisking constantly to keep smooth. Add nutmeg. Bring to a low simmer and remove from heat. Stir in 10 ounces of cheddar cheese. Whisk until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and tabasco. Combine macaroni, onion mix and cheese sauce and transfer to prepared casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.
- 5.Combine remaining cheddar cheese, feta and bread crumbs. Remove casserole from oven and top with crumb/cheese mix. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
FAGE Yogurt Macaroni & Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes