English Sticky Toffee Pudding
Community Recipe from
- pudding bar(s) butter soften
- Back to English Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Printable Area
- English Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Recipe courtesy Marie Simmons
- Prep Time:20 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:45 min
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- TOFFEE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch round or square baking dish. Sift the flour and baking powder onto a sheet of waxed paper. Chop the dates fine. Place in a small bowl and add the boiling water and baking soda; set aside. In a bowl of electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla; beat until blended. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Add the date mixture to the batter and fold until blended with a rubber spatula. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake until pudding is set and firm on top, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven to a wire rack.
- Transfer pudding in pan to a rack and poke all over at 1-inch intervals with a chopstick. Gradually pour half of warm sauce evenly over hot pudding. Let stand until almost all of sauce is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Toffee Sauce: Combine the butter, heavy cream and brown sugar in a small heavy saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil gently over medium low heat until mixture is thickened, about 8 minutes. Preheat broiler. Spoon about 1/3 cup of the sauce over the pudding. Spread evenly on top. Place pudding under the broiler until the topping is bubbly, about 1 minute. Serve immediately spooned into dessert bowls. Drizzle with toffee sauce and top with a spoonful of whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DiverDee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
English Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts