Eggplant & Penne in Red Pepper Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) large eggplant, cut crosswise into xC2xBD-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- 12 ounce(s) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 16 ounce(s) extra-firm tofu
- 1/2 pound(s) penne or other tubular pasta
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Arrange eggplant slices on baking sheet. Slide sheet onto top rack of oven and broil until eggplant is browned, about 5 minutes. Turn eggplant slices and continue broiling until second side is browned, another 5 minutes or so. Remove baking sheet from oven and cool eggplant. Cut eggplant into 4-inch-wide strips.
- Meanwhile, place garlic in food processor and pulse until finely minced. Add basil and pulse until minced. Add drained red peppers and process until mixture is smooth. Serape sauce into bowl large enough to hold cooked pasta. Add tofu and combine ingredients with potato masher or large fork. Add salt to taste.
- While preparing sauce, bring 3 quarts of water to boil in large saucepan. Add penne and salt to taste and cook until al dente. Drain pasta and toss with sauce, eggplant, and vinegar. Adjust seasonings and serve immediately
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cindyzimmerman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note