I thought the salad was very easy to make, but the dressing wasn't all that great.
Easy Ceasar Salad
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped garlic (I use kind from jar)
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper (course)
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) anchovy paste
- 1 loaf(s) french bread
- cooking spray
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce chopped
- 1/3 fresh parmensan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut French bread into small cubes. Place on a cookie sheet. Spray with cooking spray (i prefer olive oil cooking spray). Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Bake for 10 minutes. Check the croutons; you may need to flip them around to ensure even baking. Bake for another 5-10 minutes until brown and crispy
- In a blender combine ingredients of olive oil through anchovy paste. I find that the anchovy paste and worchestershire add enough salt, plus the parmesan cheese is also salty. I don't add any additional salt to dressing but you could if you prefer. Blend. I usually make the dressing the night before so the flavors can marry. If you refrigerate, be sure take about 20 minutes before serving to ensure dressing that the dressing warms up and can be easily tossed on the salad
- To Prepare the Salad
- In a large bowl, place chopped romaine lettuce. Toss in parmesan cheese. Toss the salad. Add croutons. Toss again. Top with any remaining parmesan cheese. I prefer to let the salad sit for about 10 minutes before serving so the croutons can soak in some of the dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by daksbistro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note