Dutch Oven Chicken Stew With Lemon and Rosemary (Food Network)
Very light, savory meal. Perfect for dutch oven or crock pot. Combines the heartiness of stew with the light, aromatic flavor of Rosemary and the citrus taste of lemon. Perfect with biscuits, potatoes, egg noodles, rice, etc. From the Food Network, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-stew-with-lemon-and-rosemary-recipe/
- 8 piece(s) chicken (approx 2.5 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 4 whole(s) carrots (approx 1.5 cups) bias sliced
- 4 whole(s) celery stalks (approx 1.5 cups) bias sliced
- 2 sprig(s) Rosemary
- 1 whole(s) lemon juiced
- 2.5 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) pearl onions (or sliced onions)
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour
- 1 package(s) noodles (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a Dutch oven (12-inch diameter) over medium-high heat. Lay half of the chicken pieces skin-side down in the skillet. Cook the chicken, until golden-brown on both sides, turning once, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the carrots and celery, and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Add the rosemary, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add the lemon juice, and scrape up any browned bits that cling to the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the broth, onions, lemon zest, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring just to a boil.
- Return the chicken skin-side up to the pot, taking care that the skin is just over the surface of the liquid, and then put the stew in the oven. Cook, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through, tender, and lightly glazed and brown, about 40 minutes. Baste the chicken occasionally in the last 20 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, use a fork to work the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the 2 tablespoons flour to make a paste.
- Remove the stew from the oven. Remove and discard the rosemary and arrange all the vegetables and chicken (reserving the juices in the pan) in a serving dish/bowl. Place the Dutch oven over medium heat and whisk the butter/flour mixture into the juices until dissolved. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Pour sauce over the chicken and serve immediately over buttered noodles.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-stew-with-lemon-and-rosemary-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback
This recipe is a personal recipe added by markavandyke and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note