Dump Cake (K Wheeler)
Great for kids to help in kitchen! This is one of the easiest recipes going but it is amazingly tasty. You can use any flavor pie filling and cake mix combination that strikes your fancy. Yellow or Golden cake mix works with anything so it is what the recipe is based on but be creative and share your ideas. Blueberry Pie filling is awesome. Cherry Pie filling and Dark Chocolate cake mix. Apply Pie filling with Spice cake mix.
- 2 19oz can(s) pie filling
- 1 19oz can(s) crushed pineapple
- 1 box(es) Golden Cake mix
- 1/2 cup(s) butter melted
- Pre-heat over to 350
- Butter a 9 by 13 baking dish
- DUMP the 2 cans of pie filling into baking dish and spread evenly in the bottom of the dish.
- Carefully DUMP, evenly WITHOUT DRAINING, the CRUSHED Pineapple over top of the pie filling. The excess liquid in the Crushed Pineapple is what will moisten the cake mix so it needs to be spread fairly evenly over the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the Golden Cake Mix over the top of the Crushed Pineapple evenly covering the entire pan with the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle evenly, the melted butter over top of the dry cake mix.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes or until golden brown and crisp on top.
- Let cool slightly or longer. Can be eaten warm or cool. It never lasts long enough in our house to eat cold.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sher777 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note