~Drunken Gingerbread Men Cupcakes!
These are adult cupcakes for sure, considering they have over a cup of Rum mixed into them..yep that's right! :) There's nothing quite like a cocktail and dessert all in one! Actually, the rum flavor ends up being very subtle, but adds a great background flavor and a moistness to the spicy cake! This is such a fun twist on a usual favorite..give them a try!
Yield: 12 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 box(es) Spice Cake Mix mixed
- 1 container(s) vanilla frosting
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 12 piece(s) gingerbread cookies
- 1 cup(s) chopped candied ginger
- Prepare your cupcakes according to the box instructions, but replace the water with Rum!
- Stir the ground ginger into the batter, and fill your cupcake liners...bake as usual!
- When the cupcakes have cooled, frost them and sprinkle the tops with the candied ginger. Add the Gingerbread Men in 'drunken-like' postions on top of each cupcake, get creative..lol!
- These are so moist, spicy, sweet and delicious!!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ohbiteitblog and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note