Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie
- 6 skinned, boned chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 1 cup(s) peeled potato chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 10 3/4 ounce(s) cream of mushroom, undiluted
- 1 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 ready made pie pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk
- -Cook chicken and onion in butter in a large skillet over med high heat, stirring constantly, until chicken in browned and onion is tender.
- -Stir in celery and next 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 min. Discard bay leaf.
- -Combine cornstarch and 2 tbsp water stirring until smooth, add to chicken mixture. Bring to a boil over med heat stirring constantly.
- -Remove from heat, mix soup, cheese and sour cream in a large bowl, fold into chicken mixture
- -Fit pastry in ungreased 9 inch pie pan. Spoon 1/2 chicken mixture into pastry. Repeat for 2nd pie or freeze filling for another time.
- -Cover with 2nd crust, seal edges, cut slits to vent.
- -Combine egg yolk and milk, brush over pastry.
- -Bake at 40 for 35 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellye and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note