Dominican Red Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Red beans (small)
- 1/2 Red onion diced
- 1/2 Green pepper diced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Tomato paste
- 1 Plantain cut in 1 inch peices
- 1 Handful cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Adobo powder without pepper
- 1 cube(s) chicken bouillon
- 1 envelope(s) Sazon with culantro y achiote
- 1 teaspoon(s) Apple cider vinegar
- Soak beans overnight until soft.
- Bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, saute red onions and green peppers in canola oil for two minutes then add tomato paste and cook until paste turns a bit darker. Add with remaining ingredients to the beans. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1/2 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MrsM2000 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note