- 3 jar(s) Grape leaves :deveined, cut in half length wise
- 3 pound(s) Hamburger :20% fat
- 4 cup(s) Balsmatti Rice :soaked, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup(s) Real Lemon Juice
- 1 head(s) Garlic :peeled,minced
- 1 head(s) Garlic :peeled, left whole
- 1 Onion, medium :minced
- 3-4 tablespoon(s) Curry Powder
- 3 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 8 ounce(s) Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 1 cup(s) Real Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) Salt
- Water : to cover
- 1.Soak rice in cold water (at least 20 min) while mincing garlic & onion.
- Mix all spices, meat and minced garlic/onion with 1/2 cup lemon, oil and tomato sauce.
- Rinse rice until water is almost clear; drain well.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Mix well.
- 2. De stem leaves,cutting grape leaves in half length wise. Place leaf stem side up, bottoms turned down. (this will be the inside of the leaf).
- 3.Using about 1 T of the meat/rice mixture, place on base of half grape leaf, roll to the top of leaf, tucking in sides tightly as you roll. Place seam side down. Repeat until either meat or leaves are gone.
- 4.Layer in Dolma and whole cloves of garlic in a large stockpot with a tightly fitting lid.
- 5.Add enough water to the 1 cup lemon juice and 1T salt to cover to the top layer of Dolma.
- *optional: add 1 T butter cubed and dotted to the top layer of dolma.
- 6. Cover the rolled Dolma with a plate inside the stockpot (this will help weigh the Dolma down).
- 7. Bring Dolma to boil. Cover and turn heat to low, let simmer for 40 - 45 min.
- Dolma is done when rice is soft. (Most of the water should be absorbed)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichelleM227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note