Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup(s) yellow onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic diced
- 2 cube(s) eggplant unpeeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup(s) carrots peeled and diced
- 1 cup(s) no-salted-added tomato sauce divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 cup(s) fresh spinach chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 cup(s) whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) tomato diced
- 10 fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella shredded
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute beef, onions, garlic, eggplant and carrots until meat is cooked thoroughly, about 10 min. Stir in 1/2 cup sauce, oregano and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then uncover and stir in spinach until just beginning to wilt.
- Meanwhile, cook fusilli according to package directions in a medium pot. Drain and set aside in a bowl. Next, cook macaroni according to package directions using the same medium pot. Drain and add to fusilli.
- In a medium bowl , stir together ricotta, tomato, basil and oil.
- In a large bowl, add beef mixture, both pastas, remaining 1/2 cup sauce and mozzarella, stirring until well combined. Then stir in ricotta mixture, until all contents are combined. Serve, garnished with additional basil leaves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note