Dark Chocolate Truffles
Community Recipe from
- Total Time: 3 hr 40 min.Prep25 min. Inactive3 hr 0 min. Cook15 min.
- Yield:15 to 20 candies, depending on size.Level:Intermediate. .
- Print Recipe.
- Full-Page View.
- Save to My Recipe Box.
- Review Recipe.
- Share It!.
- 100 Holiday Cookies
- Sugar and Butter Cookies
- How to Decorate Cookies
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good-quality (70 percent) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup cocoa powder, for dusting
- In a saucepan, bring the cream just to a simmer over medium-low to low heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand about 10 minutes to melt the chocolate.
- Add the vanilla and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Then beat the chocolate at medium speed, using an electric mixer, until it is thick and light colored. If the chocolate has cooled enough, it will be ready to form truffles right away. If the chocolate is still too soft to hold its shape when rolled in a ball, spread over the bottom of a baking dish and smooth the top. Refrigerate until firmed, but still scoopable, up to 2 hours.
- Pour the cocoa powder onto a deep plate or shallow bowl. Use a melon baller or small ice cream scoop to scoop out balls of chocolate and gently roll into a ball. Place them on the plate with the cocoa powder and roll between 2 forks to completely coat with the cocoa powder. Then use the forks to carefully transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.
- If making the truffles a day or two ahead of time, let them stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cook's Note: A pair of disposable latex gloves will help your hands stay clean while rolling the truffles.
- From Food Network Kitchens: After further testing and to ensure the best results, this recipe has been altered from what was in the actual episode.
- Print Recipe
- Browse Similar Recipes
- Mint Chocolate Truffles
- By: Ree Drummond
- Balsamic Chocolate Truffles
- By: Giada De Laurentiis
- Chocolate Truffles
- By: Ina Garten
- Dark Chocolate Whoopie Pies with...
- By: Alexandra Guarnaschelli
- View All 11 Chocolate Collections
- Chocolate Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Pie Recipes(139)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes(47)
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes(482)
- Chocolate Fondue Recipes(43)
- Red Velvet Cake Recipes(17)
- Chocolate Cake Recipes(411)
- Browse Reviews by Keywordnew!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Dark Chocolate Truffles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies