Danish Almond Coffee Cake
Community Recipe from
- 1 - 7oz box Odense Almond Paste, grated
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon each, baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- TOOLS & EQUIPMENT
- 1 10-12 cup bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 10-12 cup bundt pan. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons almonds into bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix grated Almond Paste, 1/2 cup of almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine sugar and butter. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and extract. Beat until batter is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture and sour cream to egg mixture. Beat until combined.
- Spoon 1/3 of batter into bundt pan. Sprinkle 1/2 of filling on top. Spoon 1/3 of batter on filling. Top with remaining filling. Cover filling with remaining batter.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near middle of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Unmold carefully onto wire rack and cool completely. Garnish with powdered sugar or almond icing.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Sift powdered sugar into bowl.
- Add milk and extract. Mix until smooth and spread on cake.
- RETURN TO TOP
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Danish Almond Coffee Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch