Crock pot northern beans & ham
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Dried northern beans Rinse and sort
- 1-1 1/2 pound(s) Meaty ham shanks, hocks or ham Cut into large chunks
- 1 Small onion Diced
- 6-8 cup(s) Water Enough to cover beans
- Salt and pepper To taste
- 1/3 cup(s) Light brown sugar
- Sort beans for pebbles.
- Rinse under cold water.
- Add beans, onion, salt, pepper, and ham into the crock pot.
- Add enough water to cover beans by 2 inches.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove ham to pull meat off the bone.
- Add back to the crockpot and add brown sugar.
- Serve with cornbread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skaren and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note