Crock Pot Minestrone
- 2 tablespoon(s) 'better than bullion' beef bullion
- 1/3 cup(s) barley
- 1 pound(s) beef, lean stew
- 2 cup(s) cabbage, finely chopped, cooked just till tender, drained
- 1 can(s) Garbanzo beans (15oz), drained
- 1 whole(s) onion, medium, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley, dried, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, optional
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme, ground
- 1 can(s) tomatoes, with juice (28 oz)
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 whole(s) zucchini, thinly sliced
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, water, barley, tomatoes, bouillon, onion, parsley, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and cook on high, covered, 30 to 45 minutes longer, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle individual servings with Parmesean cheese, or serve grated Parmesean on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by THRIVE2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note