Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken Breasts cut into ~1 inch thin squares
- 3 cloves of Garlic (pressed)
- 1 tablespoon Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh Spinach cut into very thin strips
- 2 cups Gnocchi (not frozen)
- 2 cups Half and Half
- 2 cans Chicken Broth
- 1 cube Chicken Boulion
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Wondra (or Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Parsley flakes (fresh or dried)
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- fresh Cracked Pepper (to taste, we prefer a lot of Pepper)
- ground Sea Salt (small amount due to high Sodium content of Chicken Broth)
- 1-In a large(4 quart or more) saut pan or stock pot, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 2-Saut Chicken (season to taste with Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, and Cracked Pepper).
- 3-Once cooked through, stir in Garlic and Onion; mix thoroughly.
- 4-Add Butter and Wondra. Stir until fully melted, combined, and chicken is coated.
- 5-Stir in Chicken Broth and Chicken Boulion. Be sure to scrape the crusted flavor off of the bottom of the pan.
- 6-Bring to a simmer; stirring frequently.
- 7-Stir in Gnocchi, Oregano, and Parsley. Let simmer (not boil) for 5-7 minutes to cook Gnocchi.
- 8-Stir in Half and Half, Spinach, and fresh Basil; reduce heat.
- 9-Stir in Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper. Let combine for about 10 minutes; stirring occasionaly.
- 10-Stir in grated Pecorino Romano Cheese just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ENeighbor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews