These clams are served in a tasty Italian sauce that's kicked up with garlic and crushed red pepper, and served with garlic toast to sop up the extra sauce. Before cooking, discard any clams that remain open when tapped. After cooking, discard any clams that remain closed.Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 cup(s) PregoxC2xAE Traditional Italian Sauce or PregoxC2xAE Marinara Italian Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 3 dozen clams
- 3/4 of an 11.25-ounce package Pepperidge FarmxC2xAE Garlic Texas Toast (6 slices)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- • Heat the oven to 425°F. for the bread.
- • Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook and stir until lightly browned.
- • Stir the sauce and red pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the clams. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the clams are cooked.
- • Meanwhile, bake the bread according to the package directions.
- • Divide the clams and sauce among 6 serving bowls. Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve with the bread for dipping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note