Cowboy Casserole -
Community Recipe from
- 3 garlic clove chopped
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can(s) corn drained
- 1 bunch(es) mushroom soup
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 bag(s) tator tots
- Cowboy Casserole -
- Cowboy Casserole
- adapted from a recipe at Taste of Home
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15.25oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 bag (30 oz) frozen tater tots (I used Ore-Ida Crispy Crowns)
- Before I got ready to make this casserole, I let the Crispy Crowns sit on the counter to defrost for an hour or so. The original recipe used still frozen tater tots, but I felt they wouldn't cook as well if they were still frozen solid.
- In a large skillet cook the onion until tender and translucent. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the beef and cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain the mixture and place into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the soup, milk and sour cream. Whisk until smooth. Add to hamburger mixture and stir to combine. Add corn and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Gently mix to combine.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer half of the Crispy Crowns on the bottom, pour the hamburger mixture over the top and then layer with the other half of the Crispy Crowns. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy.
- *Note - The second time I made this I prepared it the night before and stuck it in the fridge overnight. I took it out about an hour before I wanted to bake it, just so it could come to room temperature a bit. I think it was even better than the first one!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cowboy Casserole - Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles