Couscous and Raisin Stuffed Acorn Squash
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) medium acorn squash halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 1 cup(s) couscous
- 1/2 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 bag(s) baby spinach (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup(s) pine nuts toasted
- 3/4 cup(s) Pecorino Romano cheese grated
- 1. Position oven rack about 8 inches from heating element and heat broiler. Coat squash with 1 Tbsp oil, season with S&P and place flesh side down on large MW-safe plate. Cover and MW 12-16 minutes until soft.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine couscous with raisins in a medium bowl. Bring water and 1 tbsp oil to a boil, pour over couscous, stir to combine and cover tightly. Fluff with fork after 5 minutes.
- 3. Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add onion and cook until softened - about 5 minutes. Add garlic, 30 seconds. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Off heat, stir in couscous, pine nuts and 1/2 cup cheese. Season with S&P.
- 4. Transfer squash, cut side up, to rimmed baking sheet. Mound couscous mixture into squash halves and pack down lightly with palm. Top with remaining cheese and broil until lightly browned - 4-5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Couscous and Raisin Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes