Cornish Game Hens w/Thyme Butter
- 2 Cornish Game Hens
- 4 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 1/4 tsp Sage
- 1/2 tsp Thyme (fresh)
- 'Bam' (Essence)
- Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees F.
- Bathe Hens in salted water to clean.
- While bathing hens, make a compound butter by working Sage and Thyme into softened Butter (not melted!).
- Massage Olive Oil onto skin.
- Add Pepper and Bam (back of hens, then...)
- ... insert about two-thirds of the Compound Butter between skin and breast meat.
- Pepper/Bam fronts as before.
- In Pyrex Pan, Roast @ 450 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue roasting for another 35 minutes.
- Melt remaining Compound Butter and baste Hens.
- Roast for another 20 minutes, beginning to check internal temperature (bring up to 180 degrees F and juices run clear).
- Once out of oven, let hens rest for minimum of 5 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ldweisberg and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note