Community Recipe from
- 3 strip(s) bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 stick(s) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 package(s) corn bread mix (6 oz.)
- 1 can(s) corn, drained
- 1 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook ground beef in pan until cooked. Cook bacon 10 a large cast iron skillet over over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain. Crumble and set aside.
- 2. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings to a small bowl. Drain the remaining drippings from the skillet and discard. Wipe the skillet clean, then return the reserved drippings to the skillet. Place in oven to heat.
- 3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. add the milk, melted butter, and cornbread mix, stirring until blended. Stir in the corn, beef, and 1 and a half cups of cheese. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Pour the batter into the hot skillet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- 4. Bake until set and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 to 10 minutes in the skillet. Sprinkle with the bacon, cut into wedges and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by papaford and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note