Cornbread and Butternut Squash Dressing/Casserole
- 2 box(es) Jiffy Cornbread mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup(s) Milk
- 1/2 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 1 1/2 stick(s) Butter
- 1/8 cup(s) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 box(es) Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Italian Parsley Chopped
- 3 stalk(s) Celery Chopped
- Cook the cornbread by box directions adding the sugar to the mix before baking. Let cool.
- Cut the squash in half and remove seeds. Melt 1 stick of butter and mix in the brown sugar. Add this mix to the seed area of the squash and roast the squash at 375 for 30-45 minutes or until tender. Scrape the squash and butter mix into a large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/2 stick butter and saute the onions, celery and parsley till onion in transparent.
- Crumble the cornbread and add a little at a time to the squash till all is combined. Add the onion and celery mixture and stir. Add chicken broth during this time to make stirring easier. Add as much chicken broth as you would like till it's the consistency you would like.
- Add to a baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 min or until heated completely through.
- Enjoy! Have fun with this and add whatever else you might want!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by margiek123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cornbread and Butternut Squash Dressing/Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables