- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs margarine, melted, or
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 4 reduced-fat turkey franks
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray five muffin cups generously with cooking spray, or use muffin liners. Fill any empty cups with water.
- 2. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, dry mustard, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Add milk, egg, and margarine. Mix until smooth.
- 3. Cut hot dogs into 1-inch lengths. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup. Place 3 hot dog pieces in each muffin cup.
- 4. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- per serving (1 muffin): 265 calories, 9 g fat (2.5 g saturated), 928 mg sodium, 21 mg cholesterol. Provides 44 percent of the recommended daily value of thiamin, a B vitamin that helps convert food to energy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 4Bongiovis and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn-Dog Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes