Corn & Chicken Chowder
Warm & Ymmy. Inexpensive. Quick & Easy. 30 minutes or less start to finish. Variations: cut fresh corn off the cob (4 ears); cook whole pieces of chicken in the broth, remove it and cut it up cooked; use left-over mashed potatoes and less milk. From Better Homes. You can also put all the green pepper in at once.
Yield: 4 servings
Community Recipe from
- 12 ounce(s) boneless skinless chicken cut in bite size pieces
- 1 med. package(s) corn frozen
- 32 ounce(s) chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet green pepper chopped fresh or frozen
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/4 cup(s) instant potatoes mashed
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper (optional) crushed
- 1. Spry-oil large saucepan and saute chicken until no longer pink.
- 2. Add corn and broth; cover and bring to easy boil.
- 3. Reduce heat to simmer and add green pepper (1/2 if fresh, all if frozen), milk, potatoe and salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.
- 3. Sprinkle servings with remaining 1/2 fresh green pepper and optional red pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoyceLukecart and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note