Corn Cakes with Shrimp and Guacamole
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 24 cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Small strips green onion and/or fresh cilantro leaves
- In a small saucepan, bring the corn and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix and cheese. Add pepper sauce and remaining water; stir just until moistened. Fold in the corn, red pepper, green onion and minced cilantro.
- Pour batter by tablespoonfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado with onion, jalapeno, lime juice and salt. Top each pancake with a teaspoonful of guacamole and a shrimp. Garnish with green onion and/or cilantro. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
- Editor's Note: We recommend wearing disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. Avoid touching your face.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 44 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Corn Cakes with Shrimp and Guacamole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers