For more healthy cookie ideas visit: www.homecookedhealthy.com
Coconut Almond Thumbprint Cookies - Gluten Free & Sugar Free
It's Christmas time and our family enjoys a great cookie. The only thing is we only eat healthy gluten free and sugar free products. This cookie idea came to mind thinking back over my childhood. My mother loved to make Christmas cookies and the thumbprint cookie was one of my favorites. Now I can share this super healthy version that tastes even better than the original - I promise.
- 2 cup(s) Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) Organic Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) Powdered Stevia
- 2 tablespoon(s) Xylitol
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Almond Extract
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup(s) Organic Coconut Flakes finely shredded
- 1/8 cup(s) Organic Jam or Jelly (no sugar)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Blend all ingredients except coconut and jam with a mixer until combined.
- Place in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Form dough into 2” balls by pressing dough between your hands then forming a ball. Roll balls in coconut. Press thumb indention into each ball. Drop 1/8 tsp jam or jelly into each indentation.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Then cool.
- Yield 20 cookies
- COST: $.14 per cookie
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sage123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note