Clam Chowder Canadian Military Style
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 2 (6.5oz) cans minced clams drained and reserve juice
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bottle of clam juice
- 1 In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine butter, celery, and onion. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- 2 Add the flour and stir well to make a roux.
- 3 Add the reserved clam juice and the bottle of clam juice to make a paste
- 4 Then slowly add enough cold water to reach the desired thickness
- 5 Add potatoes, milk, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- 6 Reduce heat to low and allow soup to simmer for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 7 Add the clams and allow to heat through.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliefk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note