Absolutely delicious, but the filling didn't turn out.
Cinnamon sugar pull apart muffins
Community Recipe from
- 1 package(s) pillsbury simply rustic french bread
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- 2In a skillet brown the butter over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. The butter will turn a caramel color and smell nutty. You need to watch it carefully because can quickly go from browned to burned. Set aside to cool.
- 3In a small bowl combine the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside for later.
- 4Open the bread dough and place on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, divide the dough with a small slit in the middle. The divide each section again in the middle. Repeat until you have 31 slits. Using a very sharp serrated knife, slice the dough into discs using the slits as guides. Place all the slices on a large sheet of wax or parchment paper and flatten with a rolling pin.
- 5Brush each disc of dough with the melted butter.
- 6Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over all of the bread dough.
- 7Stack 5-6 pieces of dough on top of each other. Slice each stack in half and place both sections cut side down in a muffin tin.
- 8Place muffin tin onto a large rimmed cookie sheet to catch any sugar or butter overflow.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow muffins to cool for ten minutes in the pan and then enjoy!
- 10Slightly adapted from http://www.wendyseewendydo.com/2012/03/cinnamon-sugar-pull-apart-muffins.html
This recipe is a personal recipe added by peiffer78 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cinnamon sugar pull apart muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads