Cilantro and Curry Hummus
Community Recipe from
- To develop a hummus recipe with a light, silky-smooth texture and a flavor profile that would balance chickpeas, tahini, lime juice, garlic, and olive oil, we emulsified the chickpeas and oil in the food processor. For the best flavor in our hummus recipe, we chose our tahini carefully and used it generously.
- Makes about 2 cups
- 1/4cup water
- 2tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4cup tahini, stirred well
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1(15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8teaspoon cayenne
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 1. Combine water and lime juice in bowl; set aside. Whisk tahini and oil together in second bowl.
- 2. Process chickpeas, garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne, cilantro, and curry powder in food processor until coarsely ground, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed. With food processor running, slowly add water mixture until incorporated and process until smooth, about 1 minute. With food processor still running, slowly add tahini mixture until incorporated and process until creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- 3. Transfer hummus to serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes. (Hummus can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.) Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cilantro and Curry Hummus Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers