Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) chicken
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) bouillon
- 2 bunch(es) cilantro chopped
- 4 can(s) salsa Verde
- 5 clove(s) garlic
- 1 tablespoon(s) comino/cumin
- 0 1/2 tablespoon(s) pepper
- 6 limes
- For one whole chicken...boil the chicken and add fresh onions as its boiling and add knorr the chicken flavored powder to give it flavor and then once chicken is boiled u have to hand shredded....and for the sauce in the blender one big white onion chopped in to pieces, cilantro (2 entire cilantro bushes chopped into pieces), at least 3 small cans of salsa verde. Blend all of that in the blender. Then in a molcajete for the spices, fresh comino, whole pepper, fresh garlic heads (about 5 pieces) and then mush in the molcajete until it becomes a paste. Then add water to the malcajete to loosen everything up and set aside. Then in a sauce pan put the shredded chicken with concauction from the blender, add the spices, bring to a boil for about 5-10 minutes and then simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jjuarez25 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cilantrada (chicken) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes