Ciampa's Italian Red Sauce and Meatballs
Community Recipe from
- 2 yellow onions chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 Italian sausage broken up
- 3 28 oz San Mazano kitchen ready tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 1 cup(s) parmigiana cheese
- 1 to 1/2 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley
- hot sausage
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan, add onions saute 3 min, and garlic saute another 3 min, add pepper flakes if desired. Add broken pieces of sausage, cook thoroughly. Add the 3 cans of tomatoes and fresh basil. Let simmer.
- Put breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder in a bowl mix well. Add 3 lbs of meatball meat 1/4 lb at a time mix in breadcrumbs until all meat is used up, then add the 2 eggs and mix well. Make the meat balls and place them on a cookie sheet with whole sausage cook in oven at 350 degrees. Cook 12-15 min turn and then cook an additional 5-6 min. Add meatballs to sauce and let simmer for at least 1 hr.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by eoberhau and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ciampa's Italian Red Sauce and Meatballs Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes