Chunky Vegetable-Beef Soup
- 1/2 pound(s) beef top round stead cut into 1" chunks
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 slice(s) bacon chopped
- 1 1/2 can(s) reduced sodium beef broth
- 1/2 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup(s) white rice
- 1 1/2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- Spray a large Dutch oven with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides, ,about 10 minutes. Transfer the beef to a medium bowl; set aside. Add the onion, carrots, garlic and bacon to the pot. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, until the bacon is lightly browned and the vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add enough water to the broth to equal 3 cups. Return the beef to the pot. Add the broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the beef is just tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in the rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and the beef is fork-tender, about 15 minutes longer. Add the broccoli adn pepper; return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the broccoli is tender, about 6 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RealiytComeTrue and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chunky Vegetable-Beef Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews