Chocolate Soufflés for Two -- Our Version
Community Recipe from
- 2 8oz ramekins
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoon(s) granulated vanilla sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) white flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon(s) cayenne or chipotle powder
- 1 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate, finely grated
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) Kahlua
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 large egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated vanilla sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350
- 1. Spray ramekins with oil, sprinkle each with 1tsp granulated vanilla sugar, place on baking sheet and set aside. (can do this step in advance)
- 2. Sift together powdered sugar through cayenne, stir in grated chocolate, hold. (can do this step in advance)
- 3. Using top of double boiler, whisk together water through egg yolk and then whisk in cocoa-chocolate mix. Whisk over simmering water until thick; remove from heat and add vanilla.
- 4. Place egg white & cream of tartar in clean, dry bowl & beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradully add last tbs of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 5. Fold 1/4 of egg white into chocolate then gently fold in rest.
- 6. Spoon into ramekins. Bake 20min at 350.
- 7. Sift powdered sugar on top & serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note