chocolate espresso pecan pie
Community Recipe from
- 3 ounce(s) unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 4 whole(s) eggs
- 1 cup(s) light corn syrup
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) instant espresso powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) offee liqueur
- 2 cup(s) pecan pieces lightly toasted
- 1 pie shell, 9 inch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick pie shell and pre-bake until just light tan (aobut 15 minutes). Remove and set aside
- 2.Melt chocolate with butter in the microwave. In medium bowl mix eggs (or 1 cup egg substitute), corn syrup, sugar and salt. Desolve espresso powder in 1 Tablespoon hot water and add, along with the coffee liquer (Kahlua), and the melted chocolate/butter mixture. Whisk all to blend.
- 3.Place chopped pecan pieces in the bottom of the pie shell and GENTLY pour the filling over. If the filling gets too close to the top. Place the pie on a cookie sheet and put in the oven. Carefully pour the remainder of the filling in and bake about 45 to 55 minutes, until fairly set(filling will continue to cook while cooling). Cool completely before serving (at least 4 hours).
- Notes: This filling can also be used to fill about 24 individual frozen pastry shells. Pre-bake shells, divide the pecan pieces and filling evenly and bake about 35 minutes, or until mostly set. Filling will continue to cook and set as the pastry shells cool. (Note: if shells are frozen, you can skip the pre-bake and just add the filling and bake.
- If desired, add pecan halves around the entire edge of a 9 inch pie crust directly on top of the pecan pieces, before adding the filling. Gently pour in filling in the middle of the pie to help the pecan halves stay in place as they rise to the top. Also, small pastry pieces, such as leaves or acorns can be arranged around the edge after the filling is pour in and will bake and brown as the pie cooks. Use a bit of egg white to adhere the cutouts to the top of the shell.
- Serving Ideas: When serving with fresh whipped cream, add 2 tablespoons Kahlua, and a little less sugar than usual when preparing the cream for whipping.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
chocolate espresso pecan pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries