Chocolate-Almond Energy Bars
This recipe is transcribed from a Sunflower Farmer's Market newsletter. I tried it and they are amazing little calorie bombs; with decent nutrient levels. Good for cold weather outdoors endeavors! Please note that divided into 96 portions, each is around 115 calories.
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1 bar(s) 100% cocoa chocolate baking bar (4oz)
- 1 cup(s) chopped coconut flakes
- 2 cup(s) coconut oil
- 1 jar(s) creamy almond butter
- 1 cup(s) honey or agave nectar
- 3 cup(s) oats
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 cup(s) slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Spread oats on a baking
- sheet and bake until the oats are lightly toasted,
- about 10 minutes.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the almonds and
- coconut; toss to combine.
- 3. Combine chocolate bar, almond butter, honey,
- coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in a small
- saucepan. Heat over medium-low, stirring
- frequently, until the mixture bubbles lightly, 2 to 5
- 4. Immediately pour the chocolate/almond butter
- mixture over the dry ingredients and mix with
- a spoon or spatula until no dry spots remain.
- Transfer to a pan with side rims and press the
- mixture down firmly to make an even layer.
- 5. Refrigerate until firm and cut into bars. Enjoy!
- (Keep stored in the fridge.
- Serving size: Divide into 12 rows, each made of 8 pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by PatRat and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note