Choclolate Hazelnut Pie
Community Recipe from
- 1 pinch(s) love
- For the pie crust:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4-6 tablespoons cold water
- For the filling:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups roasted hazelnuts, chopped or halved
- Whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Add cold butter and mix with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal and the pieces of butter are pea-sized.
- Add 1 tablespoon cold water and continue mixing. Continue adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and mix until dough holds together when you pinch it. (You may not need to use all of the water.)
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. If necessary, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes until slightly softened but still cold.
- Flour work surface. Roll out dough into a circle about 1/4-inch thick. Press into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim off the excess.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat at half power in 30-second increments until chocolate melts when stirred and butter is melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add corn syrup, sugar, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate/butter mixture until smooth. Stir in hazelnuts. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until filling is set.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jenniferld87 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Choclolate Hazelnut Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts