Chili Recipe (A recipe kids can make)
Set Up: 5 Minutes
Cook Meat & Combine Ingredients : 15 Minutes
- 1 can(s) kidney beans not drained
- 1 can(s) refried beans
- 1 can(s) 16 oz tomato sauce
- 2 pound(s) ground beef browned and drained
- 1 can(s) black beans drained
- 1 can(s) pinto beans drained
- 1 package(s) William's Chili Seasoning (or) another brand
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder (or) minced onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 bag(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- Saltine crackers with butter (or) Fritos
- any hot sauce you want to use
- - Get out all ingredients and put them on the counter.
- - Get out the large non-stick skillet with the lid, big plastic spoon, 1 teaspoon
- measure, and the collinear.
- - Put the collinear in the empty sink.
- Making the chili:
- - Brown ground beef in the large non-stick skillet on medium heat stirring frequently.
- - Turn off the burner under the skillet.
- - Carefully pour the cooked beef in the collinear and leave it there to drain.
- - Wipe out the greasy skillet with a paper towel and put it back in the stove.
- - Open the can of kidney beans and poor the beans & it's juice into the skillet.
- - Open the can of refried beans and pour it in the skillet. (Use a spoon or let it plop)
- - Open the can of tomato sauce and carefully pour it in.
- - Pour the drained beef from collinear into skillet.
- - Put the collinear back in the sink and use it to drain the remaining beans.
- - Open the can of black beans and drain in collinear.
- - Open the can of pinto beans and drain in collinear too.
- - Add drained beans to the skillet.
- - Open the package of chili seasoning and pour in skillet.
- - Measure 1 teaspoon of onion powder or minced onion and pour in skillet.
- - Measure 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and pour in skillet.
- - Use the big plastic spoon and carefully stir it all up.
- - Put the lid on it and put it on the burner.
- - Cook it with burner on low to medium heat. (The higher the heat the more often you
- will have to stir it.)
- - Stir it at least every 10 minutes.
- - Cook for at least 40 minutes.
- AND DON'T LEAVE THE KITCHEN!
- *Since you can't leave the kitchen while it is cooking, clean up and set the table.
- --- Clean up:
- Rinse the collinear and put it and any other utensils used in the dishwasher.
- Clean up the counter throwing the trash.
- Wipe off the counter with a mildly soapy dish rag.
- --- Set the table:
- Napkins (or) paper towels folded
- Shredded Cheese
- Crackers and butter (or) Fritos
- Knife for the butter
- Any hot sauce you want.
- DON'T LEAVE THE KITCHEN with the stove on.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Spooker and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note