Chilean Sea Bass with Peanuts and Herbs
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil divided
- 4-6 ounce(s) skin-on Chilean sea bass or halibut fillets
- Kosher salt
- 2 med. shallots, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 1" piece ginger, peeled, finely julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 small green Thai chilies or 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced into rounds, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh mint, basil, and/or cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Whisk lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, and 2 T. oil in a large ovenproof skillet over med-high heat. Season fish with salt and cook, skin side down, until skin is golden brown and crisp, 5-8 min. Transfer skillet to oven and roast until fish is just opaque in the center, 5-10 min. longer, depending on thickness. Transfer fish to a plate.
- While fish is roasting, heat remaining 2 T. oil in another large skillet over med-high heat. Add shallots, ginger, scallions, and chiles and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 3 min. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Add reserved lime juice mixture to skillet and cook, stirring until slightly reduced, about 1 min. Remove from heat and mix in herbs and peanuts. Serve fish topped with sauce and dill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amber03219 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note