Chicken with Olives & Peppers
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cup(s) 1-inch cubed Italian bread
- 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium (6- to 8-ounce) peppers, preferably red, yellow, and orange, very thinly sliced
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) dry sherry
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) pitted green olives, slivered
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil and half of garlic on medium until garlic begins to sizzle. Add bread and stir until well coated. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, stirring occasionally. Transfer to large platter.
- Wipe out same skillet and add remaining tablespoon oil; heat on medium-high until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add peppers. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until peppers are just beginning to soften. Add shallots and remaining garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in sherry and water, scraping up any browned bits. Cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until peppers are very soft. Return chicken to skillet along with any juices. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in lemon juice, olives, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Pour chicken mixture over croutons. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken with Olives & Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes