Chicken With Olives
Community Recipe from
- 3 1/2 pound(s) chicken, cut up
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 3 yellow onions, peeled and chopped
- 1 (1 lb. 14 oz.) can(s) Roma tomatoes, chopped or 3 cups fresh
- 1 (6 oz.) jar(s) green olives stuffed with pimientos, drained
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- Brown the chicken in the olive oil. Use a large pan and do not try to do the whole batch at once. Remove the chicken from the pan and drain most of the oil. Saute the garlic and onions until limp. Add the tomatoes and olives and saute until tomatoes are soft. Add the pepper, oregano, wine, and chicken. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes. Taste for salt. You should use very little salt as the olive are salty.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note