Chicken Parmesan - Ree Drummond
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to thinness
- 1/2 cup(s) EVOO
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) red wine
- 3 14.5 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 pound(s) thin linguine or other pasta cooked al dente
- 1. Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste on a large plate. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, then dredge them in seasoned flour. Set aside.
- 2. Heat oil and butter in a skillet on medium-high. Fry chicken until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add garlic and onion to pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 3. Pour in wine and scrape skillet, getting flavorful bits off bottom. Cook for 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4. Stir in tomatoes, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes. Add ⅛ cup parsley and ½ cup Parmesan.
- 5. Arrange chicken on top of sauce; sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover skillet and simmer until cheese melts and chicken is hot. Sprinkle with ⅛ cup parsley. Put pasta on plates; top with chicken, sauce, and parsley.
- Ree's Tips:
- •You can substitute low-sodium chicken broth or beef broth for the wine.
- •I believe in serving bread with pasta. If we’ve had a hard week of work and gotten plenty of exercise, I make crisp, buttery garlic bread to go with the chicken.
- •To prepare ahead of time, fry the chicken, make the sauce, and refrigerate separately. Just before serving, put some sauce in the skillet, place the chicken on top, and simmer so the chicken doesn’t get soggy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Parmesan - Ree Drummond Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes