- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 whole(s) chicken breasts (leave whole or cut into chunks)
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cup(s) chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 bag(s) extra wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and add chicken; cook until lightly browned, turning once. Then add chopped onions, celery and carrots to skillet; cook 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Season with paprika and cayenne pepper and pour in the chicken broth. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook 10 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked through, then remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Mix flour into the sour cream and then slowly add it into the mixture remaining in the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened.
- To serve, add cooked egg noodles to the sour cream mixture, then spoon onto dinner plates over the chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by maruzin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note