- 3/4 cup(s) All Purpose Flour
- 2 cup(s) Bella Mushrooms
- 8 tablespoon(s) Butter (Unsalted)
- 4 Chicken Breast (Boneless, Skinless)
- 3 cup(s) Chicken Stock
- Chives (Chopped)
- Corn Starch
- 2 tablespoon(s) Essence of Emeril
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 3 cup(s) Marsala Wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 cup(s) Oyster Mushrooms
- 2 cup(s) Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1. Cut the chicken breast in half and pound to about 1/4 inch.
- 2. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour and Essence of Emeril. Dredge the chicken in the mixture and shake any excess flour.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium high heat until very hot but not smoking.
- 4. Cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 5. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and add the mushrooms. Cook stiring frequently until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.
- 6. Add the marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove and browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by 1/4 to 1/2 add the chicken stock and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- 7. Lower the heat to medium and return th chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until the are cooked through.
- 8. Remove the chicken breasts again and if needed, thicken the sauce using corn starch and water. Also add a bit more butter.
- 9. Serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with the chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by gaweber3 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note