Chicken in Basil Cream
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounce(s) jar sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/4 cup(s) minced basil
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumbs.
- 2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in butter on both sides until juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth to the skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in cream and pimientos; boil and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat.
- 4. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Pour over the chicken.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllenD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note