Chicken Florentine Wrapped in Pastry
A touch of Dijon-style mustard gives great flavor to this show-stopping entrée featuring chicken breasts and spinach all wrapped up in flaky puff pastry. Serve with sliced cherry tomato halves tossed in balsamic vinaigrette and sprinkled with feta cheese. For dessert serve warm gingerbread squares topped with lemon sauce. Recipe from Campbell's Kitchen.
Thaw: 40 Minutes
Chill: 15 Minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 package(s) (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge FarmxC2xAE Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
- 4 teaspoon(s) Dijon-style mustard
- • Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- • Pound the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut each chicken breast in half. Coat the chicken with the flour.
- • Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover the plate and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- • Stir the spinach and nutmeg in the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is hot, stirring often.
- • Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 (7-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 8 squares in all. Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture.
- • Place 1 chicken piece in the center of each of 4 pastry squares. Spread each with 1 teaspoon mustard and top with about 1/4 cup spinach mixture. Top each with another pastry square. Press the edges to seal. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture. Place the pastries onto a baking sheet.
- • Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note