Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 12 ounce(s) jumbo macaroni
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red onions chopped
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken
- 16 ounce(s) refried beans
- 1/2 package(s) taco seasoning mix
- 20 ounce(s) enchilada sauce (2 cans)
- 8 ounce(s) mexican style cheese
- 1 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 2 cup(s) nacho cheese doritos crushed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse; drain and set aside.
- 2. In skillet cook sweet peppers, onion, jalapeno, and 1/4 tsp. salt in hot oil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, beans, taco seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup each of the cheese and green onions.
- 3. Divide filling among shells. Spread 1 cup of the remaining enchilada sauce in 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Arrange shells atop sauce. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce.
- 4. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chips and remaining green onions. Serve with avocado dip and/or sour cream.
- Website: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/quick-easy/make-ahead-meals/casserole-recipes/#page=9
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hlindensmith and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken Enchilada Pasta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes