Chicken and Mushroom Fricassee
- 1 whole(s) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) flour, for dusting
- 8 ounce(s) button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 cup(s) onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 11-ounce can(s) artichoke hearts (in water), quartered and drained thoroughly
- 2 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 whole(s) lemon, juice from
- 2 cup(s) chicken stock or bouillon
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1. Preheat a 5 1/2 quart pot of Dutch oven over medium high heat. Season the chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- 2. Add olive oil to the pan. Dust each piece of chicken with flour and shake off any excess. Place the piece in the pan and repeat with half the chicken. Brown both sides of the chicken thoroughly. Remove chicken to a plate and repeat with the second half of the pieces. Remove to the same plate.
- 3. Add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté until mushrooms are slightly browned. Add the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, artichokes and Italian seasoning to the pan. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Sauté, stirring occasionally until onions are soft and translucent.
- 4. Add the chicken, lemon juice and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover the pan. Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- 5. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note