chicken and cellophane noodle soup
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) cellophane noodles (bean thread)
- 2 tablespoon(s) preserved vegetables tan xai
- 2 quart(s) chicken broth
- 2 chicken breast halved and boned
- 8 ounce(s) chicken giblets
- 2 ounce(s) ginger root crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) fish sauce
- scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) shredded cilantro
- In separate bowl soak cellophane noodles and preserved vegetables in warm water x 30 min. Drain and cut the noodles in 4in strips with scissors. squeeze the preserved vegetables to extract all the juice. Set aside. In lg pot bring chicken broth to a boil, add chicket breast, ginger, and giblets. As soon as the broth returns to a boil reduce heat to mod low, and simmer 10 min. Skim off residue.
- Remove the giblet and chicken breast, set aside remove ginger and giblets. stir fish sauce and preserved vegetable into broth. thinly slice giblets and shred chicken by hand. Bring broth back to a boil and noodle and cook x 1 min. Top each bowl with chicken and cilantro and sliced giblets, scallions, and black pepper
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note