Cherry Chicken Spirals
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) Skinless chicken breasts 1/2s
- 6 slices of turkey bacon halved
- 2/3 cup(s) dried cherries snipped
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey mustard
- 1 cup(s) whole wheat panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon(s) snipped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly into a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Discard plastic wrap.
- 2. In a large skillet cook turkey bacon over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side or just until lightly browned but not crisp. Place on pounded chicken.
- 3. In a small bowl combine cherries and half of the honey mustard. Divide cherry mixture evenly among the pounded chicken. Fold in shorter side edges; roll up from longer bottom edge. Brush rolls with remaining honey mustard. In a shallow dish combine panko, thyme and pepper. Roll chicken in panko mixture to coat. Place, seam side down in prepared pan. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Serve with sauteed greens such as bok choy, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lesmed and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note